Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is better .com or .co.uk for my website?

Hi everyone,

I am about to register my domain for my website and I was wandering if is better to buy .com or .co.uk extention. My website is a blog about my hobbies and professional information.

Any advice?

If the target of your audience is UK then choose .co.uk one. If you are planning to get international traffic .COM would be the best choice. Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend sibername.com as for the best place to register domain names at reasonable rates.

If you need searches from outside the UK at all, I'd be inclined to go with the .com. Or you could launch with both, tailoring the .com to international enquiries and the .co.uk to UK enquiries with little differences in content to cater for the different users. Link between them somewhere (UK / International). Google (.co.uk, .com, .ie, .de) do this themselves in a big way.

This. Normally always the best way forward. You may like to buy both, and have a redirect from .com to .co.uk, though. Just to stop someone else from grabbing your domain using another TLD extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    If the target of your audience is UK then choose .co.uk one. If you are planning to get international traffic .COM would be the best choice. Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend sibername.com as for the best place to register domain names at reasonable rates.

If you targeted audience are only in UK then go and buy .co.uk and if you are planned to get visitor from all over the world please buy .com extension.

If you want to generate traffic from UK then you choose .co.uk. If you are planning to generate traffic all over world then choose .com

As mentioned a co.uk address might limit your potential audience but that depends on the hobby. If your hobby was snooker someone from overseas might view your co.uk address as being an "authority" on the subject.

I think that I would go with a .com address unless all of your traffic was expected to come from the UK. Having a .co.UK address when you have traffic from all over the world may put some people off.

It depends from which country your targeted visitors are. you should use .co.uk if your targeted audience is from UK.

If you want to keep your information limited to UK, so register .co.uk domain. In case, you would like your presence outside UK as well, .com domain is the better solution for you.

It depends on which country you have targeted visitors.. If you have planned to get all visitors from UK then go and buy .co.uk domain..

I think that you should choose. similar to my com website: y8wii.com and y8con.com

If you are looking for reliable solutions you can rely on Eurodns.com registration services. You will be pleased by their affordable prices, attractive offers and knowledgeable support.

As I know Eurodns.com is one of the best registrars of domain and you will surely enjoy the services provided by. The best deal regarding this service is this that it is available at a very low cost.

thanx for the suggestions .. looking forward to them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast