Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

11 search engine optimization tip

The title tag is critical. It’s important not to overcomplicate your design and technical approach with things such as Flash, Java, frames and dynamically built websites.

The title tag is critical
    The title tag is the single most important piece of content for people who search.

1. Keep it short: Don’t have more than 60 characters (with spaces), which is roughly 8-10 words.
    2. Lead with the most important careword for that particular page. Always start off with what is specific about the page and move to what is general. Many websites begin their title with their brand or organization name, and then follow with what is unique about the page. (This is a very common mistake, so check out your website.)

The description tag is recommended
    The description tag is not nearly as important as the title. However, it does have some value. Write it as a summary and keep it under thirty words. It should be written in a compelling, clear manner.

Light pages, and lean, quality HTML
    The less HTML code you have, the better, as it makes it easier and faster for the search engine to index your page. Aim for a total page weight of 50 KB for any page (that’s including graphics). Certainly, anything over 100 KB is going to be slow, and some search engines don’t like pages that are over 100 KB.

Have a site map/index
    People like site maps/indexes, and so do search engines. Make sure that the site map is available from the homepage, that it is presented in a text-based format, and that it is kept up to date.

Avoid Flash
    I’ve nothing against Flash design except for the fact that I generally detest it. It’s such a waste of time; fourth rate TV advertising by people who will never get the chance to do a real TV ad. Search engines don’t like Flash either, and find it very hard to index Flash-based pages.

Build your website in static HTML
    You don’t need a “dynamic” website unless you have dynamic content, such as airline seat availability and pricing which needs to be dynamically published from a database because it constantly changes. You may store your website in a database but you’re better off publishing it as a static HTML website. It’s cheaper, the pages will download faster, and search engines will find it easier to comprehensively index your website.

Avoid PDFs
    One of the sure signs of a badly managed website is that it has lots of PDFs. Publishing content in PDF is usually a shortcut. Search engines have got better at indexing PDFs but it is still recommended that you publish a heading and summary in HTML.

Avoid frames
    Frames are a very bad idea.

Watch your JavaScript
    Any links that you have in JavaScript should also be published in HTML, otherwise the search engine won’t be able to follow those links. Rollovers are cool but they cause nothing but problems, so unless you have a brilliant technical team, avoid them.

Alternative text
    As a rule you should have alternative text for every single image. However, the only alternative text that search engines recognize is for those images that are linked. Make sure you use descriptive, careword-rich text.

Keyword tags
    Over the years, some websites tried to trick search engines by stuffing keyword tags with lots of popular words. Because of this, most search engines give very little value to keyword tags

Don't do just copy/paste from other sources. Put your own words in it too.

The tips were good and I do agree with the Title and description tags. The other thing though is that you can't forget that keyword tag is still good. Its just that you don't want to many of them nor do you want to little.

These 11 seo tips is best of me... thanks for sharing... meet again...

Thank you for sharing this information, but i think you are really doing copy/pate ..

Thanks for the really helpful tips regarding website optimization.

Hi,
    This is very nice information to help to optimization of your website according to the search engine.
    Thanks.

Oh wow! That's really a very great post. Its very informative for me. I 'll try to follow these tips. Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

"Nice article really informative!! SEO is very long
    process .Thanks for the great tips! That's good idea.Thank you
    Last edited by ~ServerPoint~; 02-10-2010 at 07:47 AM.

adriyanna62, would you mind use UCP for signature and stop posting fluffy posts?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and informative

Copy/paste or not it's a good info for me it picked up new ideas. Thanks!

Its really a very good info. I didn't know about the most tips. I am new to SEO field. I 'll try to follow your tips. I hope that these tips 'll help me a lot in getting good SERP listing. Thanks for the info buddy.
    Last edited by epdmcoatings; 06-27-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Hi

Thanks for this ,i will follow to you.

Hi Friends..!!!

Thanks many more for 11 tips on seo..meet again.

Organic Seo in India | Ethical Seo Company India

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast