Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is a Dedicated Server?

Hi everyone,
    I was looking for a VPS (I am new at these) and i found this site http://www.vpswebserver.com/. They say that they will provide dedicated server and they will help in managing that too.
    Now my question is, what is the exact difference between a server and a dedicated server?
    Thanks

Hello,

I totally support vpswebserver solutions. Their support is skilled,servers are fast,pricing is reasonable and you won't regret of using them.

The major difference between dedicated hosting and VDS hosting is that, while a dedicated server has only one client, a VDS only lets it seem like there is only one client on the server, but will have more than one client hosted on a single physical server.

More on this subject can read here : difference between a server and a dedicated server

The difference between simple server and dedicated server is on a simple server there are some other users that are using same server too while at dedicated there is only a single member and it behaves a lot fast as compare to simple server.

Thank You :D

Quote Originally Posted by neckozenica View Post
    Hello,

I totally support vpswebserver solutions. Their support is skilled,servers are fast,pricing is reasonable and you won't regret of using them.

The major difference between dedicated hosting and VDS hosting is that, while a dedicated server has only one client, a VDS only lets it seem like there is only one client on the server, but will have more than one client hosted on a single physical server.

More on this subject can read here : difference between a server and a dedicated server
    Thanks a lot. I bought one from VPS day before yesterday and i will have to say thank you. They are awesome.

Best of luck @adam

Dedicated Server may allow you have to boost a High speed and your website loading time reduced.

A dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. For example, some networks require that one computer be set aside to manage communications between all the other computers.

VPS is nothing but the abstraction of “Virtual Private Server”. From the name itself, it is clear that VPS is not private server but virtually it acts like a private server.We can install any software or OS without affecting other virtual machines on the same server. With this technology of partitioning a single server, customer can enjoy the benefits which are similar to dedicated hosting.Dedicated hosting provides powerful and secure web hosting solutions for companies and consumers with more sophisticated website needs. Dedicated hosting provides the user with a own server that can be customized to user preferences. They are more advantageous based on uptime,security and room for expansion with the privilege to expand in RAM size,bandwidth,processor speed etc.
    If we chose a good,reliable host provider they will help the user in choosing the appropriate hosting plan that suits the user's website.My host, 9cubehosting.com helped me in such a way and helped me to manage the website with their prompt and quality services.

When it comes to hosting I prefer to deal with time-tested and trusted brands in the hosting industry.
    Choose the one that offer at least 99.95% uptime guarantee.
    Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend Allincloud.fr their VDS hosting solutions look really cool.
    Order for 1 year save 38% when ordering (code P08AIXHUNS) Example with KVM PLAN 4: Normal price 980€ - Final price 616€ - Order for 1 year and save 364€

Dedicated servers

Dedicated servers are almost like a VPS. Here you will get a dedicated server. Your website will get full access to this server and it is not shared with any other users. This is highly recommended for websites which has a lot of traffic. To put it simply, a Dedicated Server is dedicated to one Company so that only their customer websites or email accounts exist on that server.

In the Web hosting business, a dedicated server refers to the rental and exclusive use of a computer that includes a Web server, related software, and connection to the Internet, housed in the Web hosting company's premises.

how to decide when to move to a vps or dedicated server....is there any bandwidth or traffic range so we can move from shared to these

Dedicated servers are servers just for your use. Normally web hosting is done on shared hosting, where multiple web sites get hosted on same phystical machine, your site can go go slow or even down if any of the other sites hosted on the same server get high traffic or a DDoS attack.

WIth dedicated server, the server is just for you. So all CPU/RAM resource available for your application/site.

A dedicated server is a type of remote server that is entirely dedicated to an individual, organization or application. It is deployed, hosted and managed by a hosting, cloud or managed service provider (MSP).

A dedicated server is exclusive and not shared with any other customer, service or application.
    Last edited by discusshostingadmin; 02-25-2020 at 11:34 PM.

As soon as I see this thread is already full of different definitions, but I will still add mine))

Dedicated server is the only web hosting solution where you get full control under the hardware of your server. This type of service guarantees that you will have fully separate hardware setup and you will be the only one who uses it.

In addition, dedicated server hosting usually provides much more flexibility and upgrades opportunities.

Personally I use this provider for all my web hosting service needs last year.
    Tried all of those (except Resellers maybe but it is the same shared hosting that you can sell and bill) and pretty satisfied for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast