HostSearch Reviews Section

Great new look to the site however I do have a comment on the reviews section (e.g)
    http://www.hostsearch.com/reviews.asp

I wonder if the newer method (as opposed to a few years back) for reviewing is really working out? Ive seen consistent reviews on technolojik.net
    On some the host has responded (quite lengthy)

Im wondering why hostsearch doesnt review the reviews a little closer before being published?

Ive also had a few of our clients "try" to post reviews here but found it too confusing. If they happen to run any spam filtering, etc. they would end up not receiving their confirmation.

Yes your right, I took the time to read through their reviews, it seems one of their customers has it in for them. I can also see it seems that host didnt help their customer or they would have not been posting all of those bad reviews. Also another odd thing is technolojik.net keeps coming up on the front page... I think there is something odd going on there....
    Thank You,

Administrator
    HostVox.com - a Datastream Company

HostSearch should definitely look into it.
    Obvious something going on there.

Red face review

Hello, I think Technologic review crisis had been resolved. I no longer see in on their homepage, but afraid if it will happen to my company. I wonder if ONLY my client can post the review or just about anyone else???
    Also, what do you guys think about their new site -- didn't it look too gloomy or just me.. (didn't notice when it was up- this month?) and the Host Lab section?
    look to hear some thought from you guys
    Jilly and Puppy are forever!

1PlanHost
    On comparewebhosts.com they do not allow more than one review from the same IP address which I believe may be useful to prevent false reviews and review spamming. HostSearch lists the IP address which is good but it is very odd that occassionally you can see brand new hosts getting 5 or 6 new reviews each day. No review system can be perfect and with all the scams out there, let the buyer beware. I would highly recomend any prospective buyer to fully research the web host they are considering from as many sources as possible

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

You can't be serious about comparewebhosts.com, they don't even have a secure page for payments...

1PlanHost
    comparewebhosts.com does not have a link to a payment system because as far as I know from our own experience is they require a company check to be fedexed to them. Perhaps they have a hidden secure payment URL they provide when needed but from our experience they required a check. Advertisors submit a request for a media kit and then a sales person will call. The minimum amount for a decent campaign starts at $3,500 per month. At least that is what we paid for a 3 month campaign with them March - May 2004.

I would not recomend using comparewebhosts.com for advertising due to the cost and low ROI results. Our ads perform much better on other web hosting directories. The post above was only refering to their feednack system which is what this thread is about.

Actually, they have a payment page not secure. Try going on their site and at the bottom click there where it says "add/edit listings". Then scroll down on the next page until u find "Please click here to ADD Your Company". You then go to
    http://comparewebhosts.com/AddNewAccount.asp
    which is a non secured payment page.

Cheers,
    Leandro

1PlanHost
    Yes, I do see that and appreciate your pointing that out. We paid via check and sent it via Fedex and since we set up a $3,500/mo campaign the membership fee was included.

Looks like their webmaster needs to be severely reprimanded for not paying attention to that and not pointing the link to the secure page instead. If you go to https://comparewebhosts.com/AddNewAccount.asp (add the s after http) you will see that they do indeed have a SSL certificate yet you will also get prompted asking if you want to display the non-secure items. Select "NO" and you will then see the secure page. You will also see where their webmaster has messed up again with this. This is not some simple mistake that can be overlooked. If you are going to accept people's credit cards then it absolutely requires a secure form. Anything less is pure negligence.

I in no way was making any endorsement of comparewebhosts.com. Personally, I will not advertise our 1PlanHost.com site with them again due to the way in which they did not deliver what was promised in the campaign. I complained to the sales rep about this a minimum of 6 times yet she has ignored every email.

Yeah well it seems their webmaster is kinda clumsy

Then they will have lots of work if they *review the reviews before publishing it*, you mean that they have to go through all the webhosts' reviews or just theirs? I mean like if they have to go through all the reviews, then they will have to stay up 24/7..
    Low Price Hosting with High Quality; visit us at www.pxtek.com

1PlanHost
    It is done easily with capturing the senders IP address and putting that into a database of IP's to check per host for the review section. It is automated so they are not checked unless the host complains that a review was received from someone not their customer.