Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
    yeah i just misread it. And i apologize. But hey im just asking, there's no need to b harsh
    Hey Jenie, sorry, i don't mean to be harsh. Just wanted to clear my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Robdale View Post
    Hey Jenie, sorry, i don't mean to be harsh. Just wanted to clear my point.

maybe i just misunderstood that too. Thanks for clearing it out

HI
    Good Quality content and Quality back link from high PR site are really help u to improve Page Rank.
    Devid Mark
    Magento commerce

Quote Originally Posted by devidmark View Post
    HI
    Good Quality content and Quality back link from high PR site are really help u to improve Page Rank.
    does it really matter if the backlinks comes from high PR sites?why?

Page Rank Algorithm:
    The following will give you an idea of how many inbound links and what PR those inbound links need to be, for you to obtain the desired PageRank for your pages. The following pagerank algorithm equation is the relationship between two pages A and B, with the below example page A receiving an inbound link from page B.
    PR-A = (0.15) + (0.85 x PR-B / TOL-B)

PR-A is the PageRank of Page A, PR-B is the PageRank of Page B, and TOL-B is the Total Outbound Links of Page B.

For example if you get a inbound link from a page that has a PR of 6 and on that page there is a total of 6 outbound links (counting the one to your page), a PR of 1 will be added to your page: 0.15 + (0.85 x 6/6) = 1. If that one inbound link adds a PR of 1 to your page, and you wanted a PR of 5 it would take 5 similar inbound links.

By similar I mean pages that have a PR/TOL ratio of 1. That could be a PR of 5 with 5 outbound links, or a PR of 7 with 7 out bound links and so on. A PR/TOL ratio of 1 will add to your page a PR of 1. Using the PR/TOL ratio simplifies the RageRank algorithm equation and makes it easier for you to evaulate what PR a inbound link will add to your page.

When you are looking for inbound links just divide the PR of the page by its outbound links and this will give you a general idea of the PR a inbound link from that page would give you.

Quote Originally Posted by seopositive View Post
    Page Rank Algorithm:
    The following will give you an idea of how many inbound links and what PR those inbound links need to be, for you to obtain the desired PageRank for your pages. The following pagerank algorithm equation is the relationship between two pages A and B, with the below example page A receiving an inbound link from page B.
    PR-A = (0.15) + (0.85 x PR-B / TOL-B)

PR-A is the PageRank of Page A, PR-B is the PageRank of Page B, and TOL-B is the Total Outbound Links of Page B.

For example if you get a inbound link from a page that has a PR of 6 and on that page there is a total of 6 outbound links (counting the one to your page), a PR of 1 will be added to your page: 0.15 + (0.85 x 6/6) = 1. If that one inbound link adds a PR of 1 to your page, and you wanted a PR of 5 it would take 5 similar inbound links.

By similar I mean pages that have a PR/TOL ratio of 1. That could be a PR of 5 with 5 outbound links, or a PR of 7 with 7 out bound links and so on. A PR/TOL ratio of 1 will add to your page a PR of 1. Using the PR/TOL ratio simplifies the RageRank algorithm equation and makes it easier for you to evaulate what PR a inbound link will add to your page.

When you are looking for inbound links just divide the PR of the page by its outbound links and this will give you a general idea of the PR a inbound link from that page would give you.
    well for me..most of the time.. i usually look for the relevancy not the PR

Hello
    Quality back link from High PR site are really help to improve Page Rank.

To improve page rank you have to got quality back link and getting more quality back link you have to make unique content. whenever you will get most effective back link at that time your page rank will increase

Quote Originally Posted by stewart View Post
    Hello
    Quality back link from High PR site are really help to improve Page Rank.
    well for me..i always look for highly visited sites...even not knowing their PR

Quality back link and quality content will help you improve your page rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
    Page Rank is different from SERP. Just gather quality backlinks. Page Rank is base on the volume of quality backlinks
    Can you please tell me what is the different between Page Rank and SERP ?

Lightbulb

PR has nothing to do with how your site will show up in the SERP's ( search engine results page).

A good PR rating # is used for selling advertisment space, links, attract advertisers, etc.

The SERP is for organic traffic. To achieve a good SERP position for your site, your individual site pages must be optimized properly for your customer/visitor targeted keywords. You can have a PR0 or PR1 and still show up in the number one position for a keyword / keywords in the SERP.

Well for pagerank you have to spend $$ for backlinks

There is no taking the easy way to a high pr.
    You will have to do it the original and the hard way !
    MumbleVoice.com - Providing Affordable & Reliable Mumble Voice Hosting Servers since 2001!

Back link is very useful to improve your page rank. Once you steadily increase your back links, it is assured that you will have a raise in your page rank in the next update.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast