Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks for increasing my knowledge
    Hey there! I am Alan Martin an experienced creative writer with more than 7 years of writing experience. I have been working at Papers Junction since 2015, which is the leading essay writers uk

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by swlocums View Post
    Hello Friends,

Please tell me what is linux hosting.
    Any hosting with the base operating system as Linux Operating system like Ubuntu , Fedora, CentOS is termed as linux Hosting. Hosting providers Give you two such options like Linux or windows Hosting services,

Linux

Hello Friends,

Linux is a type of operating system. Such as windows, centos and so on. Linux Hosting is a server with linux operating system.

We all know Linux is an open-source operating system. Linux is the world most popular operating system. Now the question is what is Open source?

Open source means source code of an open source program can be updated by anyone without getting any license to do the same.

Linux OS is free, that is the reason Linux hosting is cheaper than Windows hosting.

Which one is best for you between Windows hosting and Linux hosting?

Both types of server are good. its all depends on your website requirements, yes windows servers is secure compared to Linux.

But most of the websites are the host on Linux server as it is cheap and there are also more features in it compared to windows.

Here I shared important and basic features of Linux Hosting.

1) Portable
    2) Multi-User
    3) Multiprogramming
    4) Hierarchical File System

Portable: Portable means the software supports different types of hardware.

Multi-User: System resources like memory, ram, application programs can access multiple users at a time.

Multiprogramming: Multiple applications can be run simultaneously at one time.

Hierarchical File System: Standard file structure supports system files, user files arrange in a hierarchical way.

Advantages of Linux Hosting

1) Linux hosting providing you more flexibility and it is an open source technology like Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
    2) Linux hosting is one of the best cheap options for your starting business.
    3) Security setting in Linux hosting highly secure and advanced compared to a Windows.

Additionally, the two web hosting services have the following different servers and control panels:

cPanel and Web Host Manager (WHM) are used on Linux-based hosting such as VPS Hosting, Linux Reseller, and Linux Dedicated Servers.
    Plesk can be used for Windows Shared and Dedicated Servers.
    The number of web hosting companies available in the market, which are new to this web hosting industry and most of them is not able to stay long in the industry because of high competition.

So when you selecting a web hosting provider for your business. we need to more careful to pick the right one who provides best-hosting services at an affordable rate.

Recommendation

Here I would like to suggest you go with SiteGround one of the best web hosting provider. I personally used this hosting company for the last last 6+ year. The web hosting plan staring only $3.95/month and I think it’s really very cheap compared to another hosting provider.
    Looking for kickass and yet affordable websites that works? We're Design Start, a website design company in Singapore that delivers exceptional results. If you are looking for website design services or healthcare website design, feel free to drop me a message.

Hello Friends,

Linux Hosting is termed as hosting globally with linux operating system. With web hosting there is an option to choose the operatin g system.

Linux hosting is a type of hosting using OS known as Linux on the server. It is a unix-like operating system that offers a free and open -source.

Linux Hosting: Linux is an open-source language that gives the real upper hand for the developers to customize the operating system according to their needs. In addition to that, here are the few factors that made the Linux Operating System ahead of Windows OS. Unlike windows, users don’t need to pay and fee for gaining a license. Owing to this, host providers will charge low for their Linux hosting plans when compared with windows hosting plans.

Linux Hosting is any type of hosting using the operating system called Linux on the server. Linux is a Unix-like operating system provided as a free, open source choice. Windows Hosting is very complex compared to Linux Hosting. And it doesn't support PHP, a scripting language which is widely used and very simple.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345