Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does managed hosting mean?

Hello, there

I was wondering... We all know what is unmanaged hosting (speaking in terms of VPS/Dedicated), but what does managed hosting assumes?

How far managed services go? Does managed means "setup and flawless runing" or customer can contact service support and tell: "Today i want to install eg. Postfix on my server, when that can be done?"

Can someone clarify what exactly managed services are?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MinDoll View Post
    Hello, there

I was wondering... We all know what is unmanaged hosting (speaking in terms of VPS/Dedicated), but what does managed hosting assumes?

How far managed services go? Does managed means "setup and flawless runing" or customer can contact service support and tell: "Today i want to install eg. Postfix on my server, when that can be done?"

Thank you
    Managed does not mean setup and flawless running or the service provider will install your application for you. What managed does mean is that the configuration and maintenance of the server and core software will be handled by the service provider. The major updates of the application are also handled by the service provider. You will have install your application yourself. For example, I am using Cloudways managed hosting. All I have to do is to select the application I want to install, like PHPStack, and select the hosting, like AWS, and click launch. I can launch a website on cloud in under 5 minutes. On the other hand, if you were doing this manually it would have taken days to do that.

Managed hosting refers to the hosting service that is managed by the hosting company on your behalf. All server maintenance and updates are done by skilled technical staff in the hosting company.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

In Managed hosting the required hardware is owned by the hosting provider and is leased to a single client and stems from the different levels of management available.

In Managed Hosting the hosting providers will give you full management support for any kind of issues. Here you will be provided with Free cPanel and Free management services. Hosting providers will always help you to install the new software or any kind of applications on your hosting services as per your needs. Management service includes sales support, billing support, technical support, abuse support, Admin support and other hosting service related support. the support team will immediately proceed with your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Scopehosts View Post
    In Managed Hosting the hosting providers will give you full management support for any kind of issues. Here you will be provided with Free cPanel and Free management services. Hosting providers will always help you to install the new software or any kind of applications on your hosting services as per your needs. Management service includes sales support, billing support, technical support, abuse support, Admin support and other hosting service related support. the support team will immediately proceed with your request.
    Well said!

Exactly, hosting provider will handle almost all the issues on managed Services, here you get stable and reliable network connectivity. The support team will be assisting you to install or to run any application. you can even get support for control panel issues. the technical team will immediately work on the issue you are facing.
    VPS9 Networks - Highly Configured and Secured Hosting Services
    Unmetered Dedicated Servers - Located at Netherlands, Germany, Russia and USA
    KVM |OpenVZ | Unlimited Bandwidth Hosting services, Best Offers Available

As I know, stratus4.com is a good place where you can get managed cloud hosting solutions at good rates. Use their 15% OFF CODE: S415OFF
    Having done a search I was impressed by the positive customer hosting reviews about stratus4 hosting services. So, I contacted their sales rep, he offered by nice shared hosting account - setup was very fast, in 5 minutes my web site was up and running.

Every hosting company has its own feature for managed Hosting services. Some are common like, free management support, free cpanel and basic DDOS protection.
    Leasedlayer - Next-Gen Web Hosting services
    Get Special Web Hosting Deals on SSD Shared Hosting | Managed XEN VPS | Unmanaged OpenVZ and XEN Linux VPS | SSD Cloud VPS | Super Fast Dedicated Servers

Managed means that the host you manage your server. Managed are more expensive than unmanaged respectively.
    If you need a good managed server can recommend Hostplay.com web host. I believe this web hosting is flexible and stable enough to satisfy all your specific requirements and keep your web sites always online.

+ Get a 5% Lifetime Discount on Any Dedicated Plan - Use Coupon Code XOFF5HP

Quote Originally Posted by MinDoll View Post
    Hello, there

Thank you
    In managed hosting services you get the below benefits:
    1. Basic features of managed hosting is server monitoring.
    2. All server related issues is managed by the hosting provider.
    3. Client requirement is taken care of.
    4. Backup service is provided by the hosting provider.(Depends on the provider)
    5. Server upgardation.(No extra service charges)
    6. Server attack management.(Spammers, DDoS, Virus attack, Malaware, etc.)
    7. 24*7 support (chats, emails, phone calls)

In short we can say, Managed Hosting is very beneficial for the customer economically as well as you can focus on your main business without worrying about the server related issues.

Hi,

Managed does not mean setup and flawless running or the service provider will install your application for you. What managed does mean is that the configuration and maintenance of the server and core software will be handled by the service provider. Every hosting company has its own feature for managed Hosting services. Some are common like, free management support, free C,panel and basic DDOS protection. The team will immediately work on the issue you are facing.

Thanks,

Managed hosting is an IT provisioning model in which a service provider leases dedicated servers and associated hardware to a single client. The equipment is at the hosting provider's facility and managed there by the service provider.

Managed hosting is an IT provisioning model in which a service provider leases dedicated servers and associated hardware to a single client. The equipment is at the hosting provider's facility and managed there by the service provider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast