Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How many H1 tag can be used on a webpage?

Hello friends,

When I was working on On-Page optimization, one question arisen in my mind that how many H1 tag can be used on a webpage? Suggest me here please.

Only one H1 tag used on a single page.

1 <h1> is allowed to be used in the webpage. For the rest of content, you can use other tags like <h2>, <h3> etc.

You can use 1 <H1> tag on a landing page.

Only 1 H1 tag should be used in a webpage.

H1 tag defines the title or main heading of a webpage and therefore there should be only one H1 tag on a webpage. This helps browsers and robots to identify your webpage content.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Only one H1 tag is enough from website optimization perspective. Don't go for more H1, yes but you can use H2 to on wards.

Agreed - one <h1>, and then <h2>s and <h3>s but NO <h4> ! I think Google thinks it's useless
    There are red ships and blue ships but no ships like friendships.

I suppose it depends on whether the question is applied to HTML/semantics or SEO.

As I understand it, in both cases you can use H1 more than once on a page but for SEO purposes it is probably best to use it once only. When Google's algo sees six or seven H1s on a page, which one does it use to determine what the page content is about?

I saw a Matt Cutts video in which he said that while you could use more than H1 it should be used sparingly. Personally I would have thought that in a situation where you are targeting a specific keyword or phrase then one occurrence would be optimal.

I think it would be logical to assume that the ranking importance of the H1 tag is diluted by using it more than once. Does anyone disagree

As you wish to use H1 tag. Depend on your website design.

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Calvin View Post
    H1 tag defines the title or main heading of a webpage and therefore there should be only one H1 tag on a webpage. This helps browsers and robots to identify your webpage content.
    Thanks dude find this from long time you solved my problem thanks

H1 tag defines the title or main heading of a webpage and therefore there should be only one H1 tag on a webpage.

I suppose it depends on whether the question is applied to HTML/semantics or SEO.

As I understand it, in both cases you can use H1 more than once on a page but for SEO purposes it is probably best to use it once only. When Google's algo sees six or seven H1s on a page, which one does it use to determine what the page content is about?

I saw a Matt Cutts video in which he said that while you could use more than H1 it should be used sparingly. Personally I would have thought that in a situation where you are targeting a specific keyword or phrase then one occurrence would be optimal.

I think it would be logical to assume that the ranking importance of the H1 tag is diluted by using it more than once. Does anyone disagree?

only one H1 tag should be included per page if you're focused keywords are not covering within H! you can use H2, H3, H4 for headings and sun headings. you can use other HTML tags like b, i, underline to better enhancement of keywords.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast