How do I upload my site online?

please help me.....

Basically, you need to store the files of your website in the web-root of your server, to bring it online. A webserver displays the contents of the web-root of the server.

Do you have any control panels on the server [eg: cPanel, Plesk]? If you do, there should a web based FileManager built along with it - this will make things easier.

Otherwise, you can use an FTP client [eg: filezilla] to connect to the server and copy the files to the web-root.

When you make a website locally then, you have to store in one folder. When you connect with hosting then that folder you have to upload in cpanel. After that go to your local admin panel and explore your website date and make new database in cpanel and upload inside.

Quote Originally Posted by addisoncave View Post
    please help me.....
    can you say more about this?

if I directed in words, you do not know all, so you open the link below for more:
    wpexplorer.com/install-wordpress-manually/

Quote Originally Posted by addisoncave View Post
    please help me.....
    Sorry but uploading sites online having many different methods but we are unsure exactly which hosting platform and control panel you are using, therefore simply contact your hosting provider and ask them to provide you steps to upload content online or let us know, which hosting platform you are using i.e Linux or Windows and let us know, control panel name i.e cPanel, Plesk panel or any other. So we can help you in better way.
    ktchost.com - Reliable Hosting Provider
    E-commerce Ready Hosting | Pure SSD Cloud/VPS | Offshore Dedicated Server
    24/7 Reliable Tech Support | Monitoring Service | R1Soft Backup

Install Filezilla, and ask providers about hosting name and password, they will guide you, otherwise if you have C-panel account means you can upload your data directly with help of provider support.

Basically, you need to store the files of your website in the web-root of your server, to bring it online. A webserver displays the contents of the web-root of the server.

Do you have any control panels on the server [eg: cPanel, Plesk]? If you do, there should a web based FileManager built along with it - this will make things easier.

Otherwise, you can use an FTP client [eg: filezilla] to connect to the server and copy the files to the web-root.

Well explained jackthomas087, actually this is the only real and simplest way to upload files on server. But having knowledge of it and doing practically both are different things. If someone have a little bit knowledge of Filezilla then he can do it otherwise he will have a lot of question regarding this (like what is filezilla, or how to work with it etc) and can't understand properly.
    Accountant in a leading QuickBooks Hosting Provider company.

First of all, you need to register domain, then choose reliable and reputed web host and buy web hosting account.
    After that, you can contact the host's tech support to help you with setup and uploading files via cPanel (I consider it to be the best control panel).

For instance, if you need reliable hosting in Mexico, I can highly recommend digitalserver.com.mx - they are trustworthy.
    They do everything that the big hosting companies I have my other sites with do, only they do it much better.
    Their package prices also amazed.

Click the "File" menu followed by the "Site Manager" item on that menu. ...
    Click the "New Site" button on that dialog box. ...
    Under the tab "General", enter the name of your FTP server in the "Host" input box. ...
    Leave the "Port" and the "Servertype" entry boxes alone.