Which is better: sitemap.xml or sitemap.html

I'm confused about sitemap.xml or sitemap.html, please suggest me which is better?

Both are important for good website...

Both are important for good website...
    html sitemap is user based and xml sitemap is crawler based.

XML sitemap is always better. It is a coded sitemap used to submit in webmaster tool to help spiders crawl them and index the webpages in search engines.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Both are impotent for website
    xml is Search engine friendly and html is user friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Jackandrew View Post
    I'm confused about sitemap.xml or sitemap.html, please suggest me which is better?
    The xml sitemap is for search engine crawlers and other html one is for human search.

In my point of view both are essential, because both have different works.

As far as I suggest you, XML sitemap is more important because it indicates signal to search engine to crawl and index all my important page mentioned in this text file. And HTML sitemap is put for users.

Both sitemap used for different purpose checkout below:

XML Sitemap
    A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It allows webmasters to include additional information about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site. This allows search engines to crawl the site more intelligently.
    HTML Sitemap
    A Sitemap is an HTML file that lists the URLs of site. An HTML sitemap allows site visitors to easily navigate a website.

sitemap.xml is better. All search engine webmaster tool accepts or crawl .xml file and index the page mentioned in that.

Sitemap - In its simplest form, a sitemap is a document that lists all URLs of your website (that you want crawling). The document details additional information such as the date a page was last modified, how frequently a page may change and whether the page should be given priority over others.

XML Sitemap like a blueprint for your house and each web page were a room.
    XML Sitemaps are important for SEO because they make it easier for Google to find your site’s pages—this is important because Google ranks the web pages, not just websites.

HTML sitemaps help a visitor to easily find the web pages in your website. It includes each and every page of your website. You can create it in HTML language or made it done with your developer. And remember to make sure that it contains all your main web pages/categories with about us contact us pages as well for an example.