I'm looking for a VPS to run a small media streaming setup. hostpro.com crossed my radar - any good? I'd need daily backups and DDoS protection
I'm looking for a VPS to run a small media streaming setup. hostpro.com crossed my radar - any good? I'd need daily backups and DDoS protection
Check out deals from scalahosting.com and inet.ws.
These companies continually introduce innovative features and solutions that enhance their hosting services. Each new feature is well-designed and free from technical issues.
Will the server transcode video or only serve files already encoded for the clients? That changes the CPU requirement considerably.
For bandwidth, start with concurrent viewers multiplied by stream bitrate: 20 viewers at 5 Mbps need roughly 100 Mbps before overhead. Then check the monthly transfer allowance and any sustained-usage restriction. Also separate backups of configuration and metadata from the media library; backing up everything daily may be unnecessarily expensive.
After running several VPS setups for client projects over the years I settled on hostpro.com and the performance has stayed consistently solid. Their virtual servers deliver strong uptime and responsive speeds that handle traffic spikes without noticeable lag. One feature I rely on is the daily backups they create for every service, so recovery is straightforward after a bad update, data corruption, or any security incident. Support is available around the clock, staffed by people who actually know the systems and help at no extra cost whenever something needs checking.
For a small streaming setup, the questions to ask any provider are: is traffic truly unmetered or capped, what port speed do you get, and is DDoS filtering on by default or an add-on. Ask about backups separately. Many hosts sell them as an extra, and it is better to know before you order how often they run and how a restore works.
Full disclosure, I'm with LuxHost. Anti-DDoS is part of our VPS, the port is up to 10 Gbps, servers are in Germany, Poland and Finland. On backups I'd rather you check the current terms with our support than have me promise something here.
|
Bookmarks