Is there any difference between Directory validation and verification?

Hello everyone,

Previously i knew about Directory verification . Recently i got to know Directory validation and Directory verification , both are different , so what is the difference between these 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by makoo View Post
    Hello everyone,

Previously i knew about Directory verification . Recently i got to know Directory validation and Directory verification , both are different , so what is the difference between these 2 ?
    Hello,

"Validation is the process of checking whether the specification captures the customer's requirements, while verification is the process of checking that the software meets specifications. ... It is a relatively objective process in that no subjective judgement should be needed in order to verify software."

Address Validation ensures that the addresses you capture are correct and deliverable whereas Address Verification updates and enhances your address data. Address verification will parse, match, format, transliterate, and enhance address data.

Address Validation ensures that the addresses you capture are correct and deliverable whereas Address Verification updates and enhances your address data. Address verification will parse, match, format, transliterate, and enhance address data

Quote Originally Posted by makoo View Post
    Hello everyone,

Hello,

"alidation is the process of checking whether the specification captures the customer's requirements, while verification is the process of checking that the software meets specifications. ... It is a relatively objective process in that no subjective judgement should be needed in order to verify software.
    Data validation makes sure that the data is clean, correct and meaningful, while data verification ensures that all copies of the data are as good as the original. So, both these processes make sure that the organization does not loose money due to unexpected errors in the data."

"Approval is the most common way of checking whether the particular catches the client's necessities, while confirmation is the method involved with making sure that the product meets determinations. ... It is a moderately genuine cycle in that no emotional judgment ought to be required to confirm programming."