Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: what is captcha

what is captcha

hello friends, can any body tell me about captcha. And can any body help me how to put it in my website. thanks for help...

I believe that first of all you need to do the search for it. As ussual that is paid
    So are you ready to pay for the captcha?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Captcha is something which was created to stop automated computer spam robots from filling out forms, harvesting email addresses, and then sending out countless spam emails.

There are free captcha's that you can get but as far as I've experienced, they don't stop a great deal of bots because they're pretty simple, for example a few digits perfectly lined up.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com

the best is "recaptcha" and most of all its free. they provide great api so you can easily integrate in your code.
    RackSolidHost
    █ Premium Hosting At Your Fingertips
    No Overselling - LiquidWeb datacenter - 99.9% uptime guarantee - 15 day guarantee
    Check Our Specials

In a CAPTCHA test (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart," also sometimes spelled in lowercase), an image of letters is dynamically generated. The letters, because they're part of an image and not text (e.g. text that you could cut and paste), are difficult for a spambot or other computer program to read. Yet, a person has little trouble reading the letters in a captcha image.

Using a captcha test on a website is a great way to ensure, for instance, that a person and not a spambot is filling out a web form. Also, a captcha can make it difficult for a person to continuously resubmit form information and overwhelm the form's purpose.

I hope while registering on this forum you might have came across with the Image Verification "Captcha" , for more detail about it you can also refer this wikipedia article. You can get the captcha for your website from here.
    Last edited by bob; 05-15-2009 at 11:53 AM.

what is captcha

A CAPTCHA or Captcha (IPA: /ˈkæptʃə/) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted to a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted to a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires that the user type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen

you can search for captcha from php tutorial.

In my personal opinion I would say reCAPTCHA is the best CAPTCHA script out there. Works for me. !
    MumbleVoice.com - Providing Affordable & Reliable Mumble Voice Hosting Servers since 2001!

Hello
    agree with Oracle
    Captcha is something which was created to stop automated computer spam robots from filling out forms, harvesting email addresses, and then sending out countless spam emails

captcha is the verification code you enter for verification.

Captcha is mainly used for thwarting the attempts of the spammers. Here an image is being placed which one has to write on a given box before submitting anything or before proceeding further.

HI,

A CAPTCHA or Captcha (pronounced /ˈkæptʃə/) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted to a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted to a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires that the user type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdurai View Post
    HI,

A CAPTCHA or Captcha (pronounced /ˈkæptʃə/) is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process usually involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple test which the computer is able to generate and grade. Because other computers are unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human. Thus, it is sometimes described as a reverse Turing test, because it is administered by a machine and targeted to a human, in contrast to the standard Turing test that is typically administered by a human and targeted to a machine. A common type of CAPTCHA requires that the user type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.
    I know wiki is great source
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast